We all recognize that LinkedIn is one of the most powerful social networking sites in existence. There are dozens of blog postings, and even books, being written on how to leverage LinkedIn for business.
One of the ways to get the most out of this network is to join groups where you have a common interest. I have joined several marketing and sales groups on LinkedIn. So far....
- The good news is that I have permission to connect directly with all the other members in the group.
- The bad news is that I have yet to receive value add from being a member.
This got me thinking about what I would like to see from a group focused on Inside Sales so I created one! Here are my initial thoughts on how it will work:
- Inside Sales Practitioners - We are targeting members that are Inside Sales Reps or Inside Sales Executives. We will deliver information on best practices, compensation trends, training, technology etc.
- Recruiters - Yes, this group is a great place to find new talent but we are going to ask you to give as well as receive. On a quarterly basis you will be asked to submit an update about what is going on in your industry. What trends you are seeing and what challenges you are facing? This will be a great way for us to understand more about you and your business!
- Vendors - Call center and technology vendors will also be asked to contribute. What is new? How can we as Inside Sales practitioners most effectively utilize your product or service? What guarantees success when we work with you?
Networking events, job fairs, seminars, group discounts on products and services....these are all under consideration.
So, sound good? If you are a member of the LinkedIn Inside Sales Experts Group and you have ideas about what you would consider value add, please post your comments. If you are not yet a member and are an Inside Sales practitioner, please feel to request membership via this link.
To make this work we all need to contribute so don't be shy! This is our forum to share information so let's make the most of it.
Update: Find out more about the Inside Sales Experts Group on LinkedIn.